Strange Loop 201124 Sep 2011
I went to strange loop this year, which was pretty awesome. I'm glad - easily the best conference I've attended. Sessions I attended:
- Erlang Language Essentials
- Erlang Production Grade
- Category Theory, Monads, and Duality in (Big) Data
- Functional Thinking
- Storm: Twitter's scalable realtime computation
- Dynamo is not just for datastores
- Parser Combinators: How to Parse (nearly) Anything
- Actor Interaction Patterns
- We Really Don't Know How To Compute!
- Hadoop and Cassandra sitting in a tree...
- Building Polyglot Systems with Scalang
- Akka: Reloaded
- "Post-PC Computing" is not a Vision
- Simple Made Easy
I haven't posted in over a year - but I'm starting to come back to the idea of writing regularly. After strange loop I have a huge queue of things to experiment with and I'll be documenting some of that here. I've also migrated away from Wordpress to jeykll which is pretty fun.